Focus School Software is a fast-growing school management software company. We thrive on creating some of the most innovative features on the market today, helping educators to meet their evolving needs in classrooms, district management, state reporting compliance, and other facets of student-centered education and technology.
Currently, Focus is looking for energetic, creative, and experienced candidates who can help us succeed in our mission to serve an increasing number of districts across the nation. We keep our clients’ needs at the forefront of everything we do, and as a company who understands the hard work of today’s educators, Focus looks for employees who share our values towards education.
Help Desk Phone and e-Ticket Support with Focus School Software, LLC
Great customer service skills!
Comfortable with ticketing systems (Zendesk)
Ability to prioritize tasks and multitask
Versatility with Office and Mac computersWorks well with a dynamic team, including programmers and upper management
Attention to details must be a priority
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ability to quickly determine which requests can be escalated and which ones can be solved with a little initiative.
Ability to identify errors in data configurations causing software malfunction
Handle requests from Administrator’s for Student Information System setup
Will not be simple questions like, “What’s my password?” and will frequently require follow up with district and Focus support staff.
Must take the initiative to follow up on tickets until it is resolved to the clients approval
Must be able to communicate technical problems from school IT staff to Focus programmers and replicate any system bugs
1 year minimum of experience in a similar position, preferably within software or a technology-related industry
Focus experience is strongly preferred!
SQL queries are a plus
Background in an educational setting is strongly preferred
Focus moves fast. You will be expected to hit the ground running, and perform self-start training
Focus School Software’s compensation package offers the following benefits:
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
Paid Vacation and Sick Time
Casual dress code
Paid parking in downtown St Pete
Free lunch on Fridays
How to apply
The Application Process:
If you think that you are the right candidate for one of our openings, simply take these steps:
- Tell us about yourself. Everyone is special; write a small cover letter telling us how you are special and what sets you apart from the rest.
- To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements through our online application.
- An HR Rep will review your letter, resume and quiz, if applicable, and get in touch with you shortly. If we think you might be a good candidate, we will bring you into our office for an interview to get to know each other a little better.
- We won’t keep you waiting too long. If we think you are a fit, we will typically let you know within a few days.
- Come to work on your first day and meet all of your new friends, decorate your desk, and let us take you out for Thai, a Focus tradition.