Focus School Software is a fast-growing school management software company. We thrive on creating some of the most innovative features on the market today, helping educators to meet their evolving needs in classrooms, district management, state reporting compliance, and other facets of student-centered education and technology.
Currently, Focus is looking for energetic, creative, and experienced candidates who can help us succeed in our mission to serve an increasing number of districts across the nation. We keep our clients’ needs at the forefront of everything we do, and as a company who understands the hard work of today’s educators, Focus looks for employees who share our values towards education.
Expected Education and Experience
4-year Bachelor’s degree or a year of experience in a similar position within software or a technology-related industry
Background in an educational setting is strongly preferred
Focus moves fast. You will be expected to hit the ground running, and perform self-start training.
Job Requirements and Skills Categories
Focus Products and Work Environment
Includes extensive travel, up to 80% of the time.
Comfortable with rapidly updating training documentation for client and company approval.
Work environment is comprised of both phone and onsite demonstrations of educational processes in the Focus.
Planner/organizer who understands what our products offer and how they work to assist educators meet a variety of needs.
Versatility with Office and Mac computers.
Demonstrates solid character, integrity, and share our small business ethics.
Defining, Understanding, and Meeting Deadlines
Makes attention to fine details a personal priority.
Comfortable with leading a variety of training sessions – large, small, and sometimes unplanned – within a short time frame.
Ability to work in a co-train environment and understand the “train the trainer” model
Flexibility in work schedule may be necessary to meet deadlines.
Communication Needs and Leading Success
Excellent oral communication, including informative and persuasive speaking skills.
Extensive group presentations, both large and small.
Willing to accept constructive criticism that results from training sessions to improve future sessions.
Excellent written/grammatical skills, extensive writing involved.
Development of electronic and written training materials.
Excellent “people skills,” a natural leader with the ability to motivate, facilitate learning, and keep a group’s interest and confidence high.
Comfortable facilitating learning during small group activities.
Focus School Software’s compensation package offers the following benefits:
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
Paid Vacation and Sick Time
Casual dress code
Paid parking in downtown St Pete
Free lunch on Fridays
How to apply
The Application Process:
If you think that you are the right candidate for one of our openings, simply take these steps:
- Tell us about yourself. Everyone is special; write a small cover letter telling us how you are special and what sets you apart from the rest.
- To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements through our online application.
- An HR Rep will review your letter, resume and quiz, if applicable, and get in touch with you shortly. If we think you might be a good candidate, we will bring you into our office for an interview to get to know each other a little better.
- We won’t keep you waiting too long. If we think you are a fit, we will typically let you know within a few days.
- Come to work on your first day and meet all of your new friends, decorate your desk, and let us take you out for Thai, a Focus tradition.