Focus School Software is a fast-growing school management software company. We thrive on creating some of the most innovative features on the market today, helping educators to meet their evolving needs in classrooms, district management, state reporting compliance, and other facets of student-centered education and technology.
Currently, Focus is looking for energetic, creative, and experienced candidates who can help us succeed in our mission to serve an increasing number of districts across the nation. We keep our clients’ needs at the forefront of everything we do, and as a company who understands the hard work of today’s educators, Focus looks for employees who share our values towards education.
Focus School Software is looking to expand our team by hiring a PHP Developer with past job experience in developing reports and integrations according to exacting specifications. The position will also entail working closely with our support team and fixing issues as they arise.
Programming experience (got an A in a class, worked as a programmer, wrote a cool app)
Knowledge of PHP syntax in order to pass our quiz
A passion for coding and writing cool software
Skills you’ll learn or use at Focus:
SQL: subqueries, outer joins, etc.
SVN – versioning management
This will be a full-time position working on-site in our downtown St. Petersburg office.
Focus School Software’s compensation package offers the following benefits:
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) Matching Program
Paid Vacation and Sick Time
Casual dress code
Paid parking in downtown St Pete
Free lunch on Fridays
How to apply
The Application Process:
If you think that you are the right candidate for one of our openings, simply take these steps:
- Tell us about yourself. Everyone is special; write a small cover letter telling us how you are special and what sets you apart from the rest.
- To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and take a small quiz through our online application.
- An HR Rep will review your letter, resume and quiz, if applicable, and get in touch with you shortly. If we think you might be a good candidate, we will bring you into our office for an interview to get to know each other a little better.
- We won’t keep you waiting too long. If we think you are a fit, we will typically let you know within a few days.
- Come to work on your first day and meet all of your new friends, decorate your desk, and let us take you out for Thai, a Focus tradition.