Focus School Software is a fast-growing school management software company. We thrive on creating some of the most innovative features on the market today, helping educators to meet their evolving needs in classrooms, district management, state reporting compliance, and other facets of student-centered education and technology.
Currently, Focus is looking for energetic, creative, and experienced candidates who can help us succeed in our mission to serve an increasing number of districts across the nation. We keep our clients’ needs at the forefront of everything we do, and as a company who understands the hard work of today’s educators, Focus looks for employees who share our values towards education.
Focus is looking to expand our team by adding an Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for managing and maintaining Executive calendars and correspondence, generating reports and documentation, as well as serving as a liaison to the CEO and Directors. As the Executive Assistant, you will be expected to work independently, as well as alongside the Executive Team, and must be able to work well under pressure to handle a wide variety of tasks and confidential matters with discretion.
- At least two years of professional experience as an Executive Assistant in a technology-related industry
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Maintain Executive’s calendar
- Arranging travel plans and daily/weekly agendas; compiling documentation for related travel
- Attend Executive meetings and record minutes
- Conducting product knowledge research for new potential clients
- Ordering/Maintaining and revamping current marketing material
- Conference coordination (i.e. setting up booths, hotel arrangements)
- Scheduling demonstrations
- Research for new conferences/markets to attend to meet potential clients
- Preparing agendas and documentation for weekly meetings
- Daily & Weekly Reports
- Preparing bi-weekly expense reports
- Screening Executive emails
- Preparing and completing change request documents for Engineers regarding changes in functionality
- Demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service
- Must be willing to travel at least 20% of the time
- Flexibility concerning after-hours communication with Executives and availability to travel on short notice is a must
Focus School Software’s compensation package offers the following benefits:
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) Matching Program
Paid Vacation and Sick Time
Casual dress code
Paid parking in downtown St Pete
Free lunch on Fridays
How to apply
The Application Process:
If you think that you are the right candidate for one of our openings, simply take these steps:
- Tell us about yourself. Everyone is special; write a small cover letter telling us how you are special and what sets you apart from the rest.
- To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements through our online application.
- An HR Rep will review your letter, resume and quiz, if applicable, and get in touch with you shortly. If we think you might be a good candidate, we will bring you into our office for an interview to get to know each other a little better.
- We won’t keep you waiting too long. If we think you are a fit, we will typically let you know within a few days.
- Come to work on your first day and meet all of your new friends, decorate your desk, and let us take you out for Thai, a Focus tradition.