Expected Education and Experience:
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree or a year of experience in a similar position within education or a technology-related industry
- Background in an educational setting is strongly preferred
- Experience with Focus School Software Required
Account Executive Qualifications:
- Demonstrate solid character, integrity, and share our small business ethics
- Expect a fast-paced environment with on-the-job training and an independent learning plan.
- Attention to detail
Organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent oral communication, including informative and persuasive speaking skills
- Excellent written/grammatical skills, extensive writing involved
- Excellent “people skills,” a natural leader with the ability to motivate, facilitate project movement, and keep the district’s confidence high
- Listening skills
- Communicate directly with Director of Support
- Coordinate project hand-off of implementing districts with project teams
- Manage Zendesk tickets for assigned districts, working with Tier 2 as needed to resolve issues
- Weekly and/or bi-weekly status calls with District
- As needed onsite visits
- Work to deplete backlog of open/pending tickets for assigned district
- Maintain client calendar to include key dates such as school start date, school end date, progress reports, report cards, state reporting windows, holidays etc.
- Coordinate preemptive testing for all progress and report cards for assigned district
- Encourage assigned Districts to stay up-to-date with Focus releases, coordinate updates, provide training on new version releases as needed
- Monitor assigned Districts during state reporting (ensure they are informed of survey summits, survey site creations etc.)
- Track enhancement requests for quarterly recommendations to Executive Team
- Assist with operations team to ensure assigned Districts are up to date with yearly maintenance and support
- Responsible for maintaining Focus CRM for assigned Districts (student count, latest version, onsite visit notes, key contacts etc.)
- Present at Annual Users’ Conference
- Includes monthly travel to each assigned district
- Effectively lead calls and onsite meetings as necessary with district
- Coordinate training, development and support with district post-implementation
- Flexible work hours
- Complete level 1 technical Certification training
Focus School Software’s compensation package offers the following benefits:
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
Paid Vacation and Sick Time
Casual dress code when in the office
Paid parking in downtown St Pete
Free lunch on Fridays when in the office
How to apply
The Application Process:
If you think that you are the right candidate for one of our openings, simply take these steps:
- Tell us about yourself. Everyone is special; write a small cover letter telling us how you are special and what sets you apart from the rest.
- To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements through our online application.
- An HR Rep will review your letter, resume and quiz, if applicable, and get in touch with you shortly. If we think you might be a good candidate, we will bring you into our office for an interview to get to know each other a little better.
- We won’t keep you waiting too long. If we think you are a fit, we will typically let you know within a few days.
- Come to work on your first day and meet all of your new friends, decorate your desk, and let us take you out for Thai, a Focus tradition.